- Mission Statement:
To glorify God as Christ's body on this earth by being and helping others become committed followers of Jesus.
- Vision Statement: I. We at Sunset will both worship and witness to express of our faith.
- We will be a church that worships and witnesses to the glory of God, in and outside our assemblies. (John 4:23, 24; 1 Cor. 14:24, 25)
- We will offer assemblies that are biblically meaningful and engage the mind, heart, and body.
- We value the apostolic traditions, and will fashion our Sunday assemblies after the first century
church. We will adapt the eternal principles into practices that are
meaningful to our generations.
- We will promote both corporate and individual worship and service.
- We will strive to live a life 24/7 that truly glorifies, honors, and serves God.
- Vision Statement: II. We will be a church that is concerned for those both inside and outside the body.
- (Acts 2:42; 2 Cor. 13:14; Phil 3:10-11; 1 John 1:3, 5-7 Matt. 28:19; Mark 16:15, 16; Luke 24:47)
- We will be a church that is concerned for those inside and outside the body.
- We will emphasize forming close relationships between members, serving each's physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- We will love one another. (John 13:35)
- We will motivate members to become more evangelistic.
- We will train members to effectively teach.
- We will help new Christians become a functioning part of the Body, fellowship is critical.
- Vision Statement: III. We will be a church that emphasizes life transformation.
- (Matt. 28:20; Eph. 4:11-16; Col. 1:28)
- We will be a church that emphasizes life transformation.
- We will emphasize the transforming power of Godís word and commit ourselves to Bible study.
- We will emphasize the "taking on" of Christ's attitude and, being committed to Him.
- We will grow into mature Christians, committing ourselves to Christ and to each other.
- We will help each other grow in steadfastness of belief, avoiding discouragement. (Eph. 4:14; James 1:2)
- We will equip and assist each other to use the talents God gave us, to have effective relationships with those around us, and to lead spiritually productive lives.
- We will transform our thoughts, actions and our desire to follow God, emphasizing the transforming power of the Holy Spirit and living by the Spirit. (John 14:15-18; Acts 2:38; Eph 4:22-24; Romans 12:1-2)
- We will emphasize the process of transformation, growth, and involvement in the church. (Eph 4:11-16)
- We will emphasize the need to grow by developing maturity and completeness in Christ. (Col 1:28, 29)
- We will teach others to be leaders. (1 Cor 15:58; II Tim 2:2)
- Vision Statement: IV. We will strive to be a church that shows our diverse community how to live harmoniously as one body.
- (Rom. 12:3-16; 1 Cor. 12:4-6; 2 Cor. 9:13; Gal. 6:10; Eph. 4:12)
- We will strive to be a church that shows our diverse community how to live harmoniously as one body.
- We see our presence in South Florida as part of Godís larger purpose for his body and the world.
- We want to be faithful to Godís vision for a united body, regardless of racial, linguistic, cultural, and socioeconomic differences.
- As one body, we want to move towards a true cooperation between the English-speaking members and the Spanish-speaking members in and outside of our assemblies. This will require deliberate and intentional leadership.